Friday, February 24, 2012

Jammed Finger

I attempted to walk Paul's dog on Wednesday while we were at his parents. I made it almost across the street before she wrapped the leash around my legs and I fell face first into the gutter. It was really embarrassing. It was an ungraceful fall, my legs went right out from underneath me.I bloodied my left knee, scrapped my right knee and elbow, and jammed my left index finger. The finger immediately swelled up and  it was difficult to bend and straighten. I think I scared Paul and his father. They came running across the street. Another pedestrian even stopped to ask if I was okay. I did the typical dancer shake it off thing. I jumped up, looked at the knee and shrugged, "I'm fine.  I'm fine.  I'm okay. . . oh shit my finger."  So instead of continuing the walk, we went back to the house to put on my finger. There was debate of a doctor visit but we figured since I could move it, it wasn't broken

The photo shows how it looked yesterday. It was that bruised even with all the icing and arnica that I slathered on it. It is no longer as bruised looking because I went to bikram this evening and it seems the yoga and the heat flushed some of the bruising out. So it is getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment